Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Youth Without Youth.

So that was an interesting movie. It ended and I walked out of the theatre not entirely sure if I completely understood it. I suppose if it makes you think about it long after you've seen it then they must have done something right.
I think it was uite nicely shot, weird angles and georgous backdrops, I wish I appreciated that more. But I guess I am by nature drawn to word and themes more then visuals. So I think perhaps its about the transience of time and our own existances. About how we straddle this lifeline thats rooted in the past and the future, what we make of it I suppose depends on our own choices and reaction to the situation. Do we form an emotional connection to all that history that each of us carries with us, whether consciously or not. Or do we live in a future that sometimes our imaginations can bring to be. I wish I understood physics better and the extent to which science can explain time and reality, but I had trouble with the right hand rule so needless to say my knowledge of physics is rightly pathetic.

Or maybe it was just about a guy mind fucking his way through life. He said he could wake up from it if he really tried, that really stuck with me I guess. I mean can't we all. If we really wanted to. Stop lying to ourselves. I for one must stop lying that I am trying. Because I am not and, if I really wanted to I could. Or so I'd like to believe.

Mind fucking........

No comments: